Take a small step, and then take some giant steps!! These two pictures represent where I was and where I am now. My daughter was about a month old when that photo was taken and I weighed about 245 lbs. My daughter is now 14 years old and I weigh 200 lbs. Life can take over and you have to take care of your responsibilities. But one of the things I did not take not take into consideration early on was being more responsible to me and my family by eating healthy and exercising. I will never again forget my responsibilities. Healthy living has to be part of your lifestyle not just a habit. -Glenn D. Andrews-
Over the last couple of days I was feeling like I have hit a plateau. So, it is time to change the work out, change the schedule –trick the mind and body. It is time to turn up the intensity like I had when I started getting back into shape. First, have to improve the legs and for the first time I tried knee wraps and they make a difference! But, I found some old videos from a year and half ago just for my own self-motivation. -Glenn D. Andrews-
I am not a dietician, or Dr.! But, research and some common sense go a long way. There are many ways to approach improving your health. Even if you are not demanding a high level of physical performance a healthy diet is beneficial. Drink water as much as possible, and limit drinking soda and other fruit juices as much as possible. I have stated before 20% of my diet has been eating whatever I want, and the other 80% fish, turkey, chicken, salad, vegetables and fruit. Eating small meals every 3-4 hours is not possible in most occupations. This is when protein drinks are a good supplement. Again, do your research and due diligence to see what works for you. Also on occasion I will make a smoothie out of frozen vegetables and fruit as a quick snack. In 2014, the 20% will be reduced to 5% or maybe once or twice a month eating a treat! We will see. -Glenn D. Andrews-
In a limited space it does not take much to be involved in some type of exercise. Several years ago my wife and I made the decision to change the formal dining room to an exercise room. This is my favorite part of the house! – Glenn D. Andrews
Music: Public Enemy- Power to the People and the Beats (FIGHT THE POWER)
Serge Nubret was a bodybuilder and weightlifter before his time. His training and physique served as motivation for the young guys in my neighborhood when I was a teenager. Rest in Peace, Serge Nubret.